Enjoy a memorable European getaway with a Netherlands vacation
Located in northwestern Europe, the Netherlands is a dynamic country bordered by Belgium to the south and Germany to the east. Whether you're off on a family trip or a romantic holiday, a vacation in the Netherlands is characterized by rich culture, old-world architecture, picturesque canals, eclectic neighborhoods, and bustling nightlife.
Best time to visit the Netherlands
The Netherlands experience a maritime climate with warm summers and mild winters. The optimal time to visit the country is from mid-March to mid-May. During these months you will find balmy weather, perfect for relaxing and sightseeing. You can also catch the gorgeous tulips in full bloom during this period.
Discover the gems of the Netherlands
A vacation in the Netherlands will let you enjoy the beauty of the tulip fields, take a stroll along the scenic canals, peek into a rich artistic culture that includes the works of Van Gogh and Vermeer, or browse neighborhood markets for one-of-a-kind souvenirs.
- Start your trip with a visit to the multicultural capital city of Amsterdam, which is one of Europe’s crown jewels. One of the most-visited attractions in Amsterdam is the Van Gogh Museum, home to over 200 paintings from the legendary artist. Consider visiting the Anne Frank House, a museum dedicated to the young Jewish diarist of the same name.
- Rotterdam, a vibrant city in the south with Europe’s largest port, is well-known for its futuristic architecture and design. Take a tour of Miniworld Rotterdam, the largest indoor miniature park in the Benelux region, to see a mini replica of the city. With plenty of trendy bars and nightclubs, the party scene in Rotterdam is rocking.
- The coastal town of Zandvoort is a short drive from Amsterdam and well worth a visit for its lovely beaches, Formula One racetrack, and the Zuid-Kennemerland National Park.
- Be sure to check out The Hague; the city is home to the seat of the parliament, and known for its royal palaces and lively seaside boulevard. The Louwman Museum features some of the oldest and most unique historic vehicles in the world.
- Situated in North Holland, Egmond aan Zee is a popular beach destination in the country. The beach area features a museum and a lighthouse, both of which are worth visiting.
Beach vacation in Netherlands
In addition to charming landscapes and spectacular canals, the Netherlands is also home to plenty of picture-perfect beaches with golden sands and turquoise waters, drawing thousands of visitors every year. The perfect place for you next beach vacation!
- Zandvoort in North Holland is a popular beach with both travelers and locals. The beach offers many bars, restaurants, and nature reserves. You can also partake in various water activities like windsurfing, sailing and kitesurfing.
- The island of Schiermonnikoog has one of the widest beaches in Europe. With its shallow waters and windswept waves, the beach is excellent for swimming and windsurfing.