Explore the Czech Republic: Beer, castles, and fairy tale towns
Located in Central Europe, The Czech Republic is one of the world's top vacation destinations; renowned for its impressive cultural tradition, architectural wonders, classic castles, and scenic natural landscapes. The vibrant capital city of Prague is home to a well-preserved medieval town, the sprawling Prague Castle and the iconic Charles Bridge. Explore fascinating cities like Prague, Český Krumlov, Brno, and Kutná Hora on vacation in the Czech Republic.
Best time to visit the Czech Republic
The optimal time to visit the country is during March to mid-May (spring) and September to November (fall), when there are smaller crowds and the weather is perfectly comfortable. The summer months (June to August) are considered the prime travel season in the Czech Republic, with warm weather and an influx of huge crowds.
Discover the treasures of the Czech Republic
A vacation in the Czech Republic lets you peek into its glorious history, admire magnificent castles, sample the world’s finest beers, and enjoy the serene countryside.
- Situated along the scenic Vltava River, Prague is incredibly diverse and offers tons of attractions for its visitors. Spend your time in Prague by exploring its unmissable landmarks such as the 14th-century Charles Bridge, the historic Old Town Square, the majestic Prague Castle and the Prague Jewish Museum.
- Located in the South Bohemia region, Cesky Krumlov is a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its cobblestone lanes, Gothic architecture, and baroque buildings. During your city break in Český Krumlov, take a tour of the city's notable attractions like the striking Český Krumlov Castle, the Egon Schiele Art Centrum, and the Regional Museum.
- If you are looking for a rejuvenating spa experience, head to the charming town of Karlovy Vary. This spa town is famous for its thermal springs and colorful architecture. Here, you can check out the Moser Glass Museum showcasing the history of local glassmaking, and the Jan Becher Museum dedicated to the history of the domestic herbal liqueur production.
Things to do on vacation in the Czech Republic
In addition to its cultural treasures, the Czech Republic has plenty to offer when it comes to things to do for any visitor.
- Pay a visit to the Aquapalace in Prague, one of Europe's largest waterparks to spend a day of great fun with the entire family. This waterpark offers a plethora of attractions including multiple waterslides, kid-friendly play areas, a wave pool and saunas.
- Schedule a visit to the Thrill Park Prague for some adrenaline-pumping and hair-raising experiences. This horror theme park offers spine-chilling excitement and fun that include walking through the abandoned underground house, fighting with zombies and lots more.
- A trip to Prague wouldn't be complete without trying the famous Czech beers. Be sure to sample some of the best lagers such as Urquell, Staropramen or Budvar.