Vacations in Turkey: Experience a Mediterranean vacation in Turkey
Nestled right between Western Asia and South-east Europe, Turkey is renowned for its vibrant cities, rich history, and incredible natural wonders. Home to iconic mosques, ornate palaces, and archaeological sites, Turkey is the perfect blend of ancient and modern cultures. Explore the treasures of this beautiful country with vacations in Turkey.
Cultural treasures on your Turkey vacation
Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and offers an abundance of art galleries, architectural wonders, great museums, and boulevards for shopping or strolling.
- Hagia Sofia is a former Greek cathedral which was converted into a mosque in the 14th century when the Ottoman Empire took over. Known to be one of the architectural wonders of the Byzantine era, the cathedral is now an iconic museum. The mix of Christian mosaics and Muslim decorations are remarkable and impressive.
- Be sure to check out the Blue Mosque, known for its beauty and grandeur, the Fountain of Ahmed III and the Topkapi Palace, the former residence of sultans with Harem and Treasury section.
- Don't miss the Basilica Cistern, one of the largest Byzantine cisterns used for storing water during Ottoman rule. This magnificent underground water resevoir is built partly from salvaged architectural elements which only adds to the experience.
Discovering the real Turkey
Enjoy some retail therapy at the famous Grand Bazaar, one of the world's oldest and largest covered markets with more than 4,000 shops. In few other places can you get such a colourful and vivid experience as here among the many other visitors and merchants. Discover Turkey’s natural beauty by visiting its scenic countryside and national parks. Home to the protected Göreme National Park, Cappadocia is known for its unique and UNESCO protected rock formations.
Beach vacations in Turkey
You will find plenty of gorgeous beaches in Turkey to enjoy a dream beach vacation. The Turkish Riviera, also known as the Turquoise Coast, captivates visitors with its spectacular beaches.
- Located between Kalkan and Kaş, Kaputas beach is excellent for sunbathing and swimming. Situated on the Bodrum peninsula, Yahsi Beach, Ortakent is a delightful beach for families offering a range of watersports including kayaking, wake-boarding, and sailing.
- Located in Antalya’s Alanya district, Cleopatra beach is one the most popular beaches in Turkey and draws over 2 million visitors every year. The 2.5-kilometer long beach is known for its golden sand, picturesque coast and turquoise water.
- Nestled inside a national park, Oludeniz Beach is perhaps one of the most beautiful beaches across the globe, and ideal for water activities like paragliding, swimming, and scuba diving.
- Patara Beach on the Turkish Riviera is a nature lover’s paradise with sand dunes, imposing limestone peaks, and ancient archaeological remains overlooking the ravishing turquoise sea.