Vacation in the Maldives: Enjoy a Lush Tropical Getaway
Dotted along the Indian Ocean, the Maldives are known as the "Jewel of the Indian Ocean" and consist of 26 atolls spanning 1,192 beautiful coral islands. Vacations in the Maldives are renowned for palm-fringed beaches, blue-green lagoons, sunny weather, and gorgeous seaside resorts. Embark on a tranquil getaway and revitalize your senses in this beautiful island nation.
Experience the Thrill of the Maldives Underwater World
The Maldives are a paradise for water sports enthusiasts like surfers, sailors, and divers. Swim along the beautiful coral reefs, snorkel in the lagoons, or spot dolphins while sipping a refreshing beverage.
- The Maldives are one of the most popular scuba diving destinations on earth. Go diving at the Banana Reef (one of the Maldives' oldest diving sites) to get close to bannerfish, pufferfish, and various species of grouper. Be sure to drop by the Gangehi Kandu dive site, on Gangehi Island, to spot the famous leopard shark.
- With miles of pristine reefs, clear turquoise waters, and a year-round pleasant water temperature, the Maldives offer a fascinating playground for snorkeling. Meet some of the brilliant marine species, including dolphins, reef sharks, rays, Hawksbill turtles, and vibrant coral plates.
- You will find plenty of water sports centers offering an array of water activities such as parasailing, jet skiing, wakeboarding, and more.
Beach Vacations in the Maldives
A top beach destination, Maldives vacations offer some of the world's best white sandy beaches, ideal for soaking up some sun or engaging in exciting water sports.
- Hulhumale’ Beach in Kaafu Atoll is one of the most exquisite beaches in the Maldives. Enjoy scuba diving, group snorkeling, or relaxing on the beach.
- Nestled in North Ari Atoll, Veligandu Beach is excellent for families. Take a relaxing stroll on the beach or enjoy swimming and snorkeling in the crystal clear water with your loved ones.
- The sparkling water, beautiful palm trees, and white sands make Reethi Beach one of the must-see beaches in this island nation. The beach is home to some of the finest restaurants and bars to sample delicious food and drink near the beach.
When to Visit the Maldives
With the average year-round daily temperature hovering around 86˚F, the Maldives are considered a true tropical paradise. The island nation has two distinct seasons, dry and rainy. With blue skies, low humidity, and warm weather, the best time to visit the country is from December to March, which is also the prime travel season. If you are looking for some great deals on vacations in the Maldives, consider visiting the country from May to October, which is the shoulder season. You might experience spells of occasional rain during this time of the year, but you'll also find great prices.