Explore Denver: Discover the Mile High City
Denver, dubbed the Mile High City due to its altitude (approximately 1,609 feet above sea level), is the largest city in Colorado. When it comes to interesting sights, restaurants, bars, and clubs, your options are practically limitless. Here's what you shouldn't miss on your vacation to Denver:
Attractions in Denver
- The panoramic view from the terrace of the gilded dome of the Capitol, which offers great views of the city
- In Denver's city center you'll find everything your heart desires: cafes, breweries, wine bars, bookstores, theaters, cinemas, and museums
- The Denver Art Museum in Civic Center Park is not only home to more than 70,000 works of art, but is itself an architectural work of art
- Speaking of art, make some time to visit the galleries in the Art District on Santa Fe Drive
- The beautiful Denver Botanical Gardens are home to more than 30,000 subtropical and tropical plants and cover over nine acres
- Adventurous travelers should take a detour to the Rocky Mountains and if the season is right, stop in at the one-of-a-kind Red Rocks Amphitheater, which lies here. You'll be amazed by the perfect acoustics created by natural rock formations.
Looking for more city trips in the U.S.? Or more adventure destinations across the globe? Check out our guide to the perfect hiking trip,how to travel through New Zealand, or the best things to do in New York.