Did you know?
- The highest mountain in the solar system is on Mars, the Olympus Mons Volcano is three times the size of Everest (16 miles above sea level)
- Sunsets on Mars are blue, the sky is pink-red during the day
- Mars has the biggest sandstorms in the solar system
- A person who weighs 132lbs on Earth weighs 50lbs on Mars
- There are signs of liquid water on Mars in the form of ice
- A year on Mars is 687 days
- Temperatures: between 23ºF and -124ºF
In honor of the landing of NASA's Rover Perseverance on Mars last week, we wanted to present you places on Earth that resemble the red planet. While you may never get your chance to visit Mars in person, traveling to these places will certainly make you feel like you've landed on another planet. Where is the most out-of-this-world place you've visited already?