Terms & conditions - Sunshine in your pocket
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This campaign is open only to those who sign in and download the new Travelpirates app. Users who already downloaded the new Travelpirates app can participate by signing in and clicking on the download the App field. As soon as you sign in, you will receive a confirmation mail and 20 entries in the contest. Participants can get a personalised link on the contest page. They can share this link with their friends and family and invite them to take part in the contest. If the referred user participates in the contest via the shared link the referrer will get 10 additional entries. For every successful referral the referrer gets 10 extra entries in the draw. This contest ends August 18th, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST. Users that do not download the app as specified cannot take part in the competition. The campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of TravelPirates Corp., its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully, unconditionally bound by these rules, and represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TravelPirates Corp. as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on August 5th, 2019 at 10:00 EST and ending at 23:59 EST on August 18th, 2019. All online entries must be received by midnight EST on August 18th, 2019.
4. How to Enter: This campaign is open only to those who sign in and download the new Travelpirates app. Users who have already downloaded the new Travelpirates app can participate by signing in and clicking on the download the App field. As soon as you sign in, you will receive a confirmation mail. The entry must fulfill all campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete, or do not adhere to the rules or specifications, may be disqualified at the sole discretion of TravelPirates Corp. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of TravelPirates Corp.
5. Prize: The winner of the contest (the “Winner”) will receive one vacation worth up to $5,000 (where applicable, the prize value will be converted to the local currency according to the exchange rate at the time of booking). The value of this prize can only be used for booking flights, hotels, and transfers, any remaining value will be forfeited. There is only one prize available across all participating countries (the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, United Kingdom, Belgium and Switzerland). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by TravelPirates Corp. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the discretion of TravelPirates Corp. The prize is transferable, as the winner may give their prize as a gift. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of the prize or request for the cash equivalent by the winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for TravelPirates Corp. to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. If the prize involves travel then you must start your travel from one of the participating countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, USA, United Kingdom, Belgium and The Netherlands. The winner must travel within one year of claiming the prize or risks forfeiting the prize. Money remaining from the original competition prize value after the trip arrangement (flights and accommodation) cannot be used by a third party not connected to the prize. Complex multi-city trips are not permitted. TravelPirates Corp., in its sole discretion, shall decide what constitutes a complex multi-city trip. The trip to be won in the draw will be arranged by TravelPirates Corp. TravelPirates Corp. is not liable for the trip execution. Winners are responsible for ensuring their passport, visa, and any other required travel documents are valid and up to date for any trip they arrange with TravelPirates Corp. If after arranging the trip with TravelPirates Corp. the winners realize that their papers are not in order, TravelPirates Corp. will not be liable to arrange another trip. The prize may be considered a taxable benefit to the winner. The winner will be solely and directly responsible for accounting for and paying to any relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of TravelPirates Corp. and HolidayPirates GmbH. The winner will be notified by an email sent to the specified email address within 1 business day after the campaign period. If the type of the prize allows it, the prizes will be delivered by post to the winner's address indicated during registration. The winner will be drawn after August 18th, 2019. TravelPirates Corp. shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time the award notification is sent by TravelPirates Corp., or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The trip has to be booked in cooperation with TravelPirates Corp. within one year after the winner claimed the prize. Receipt by the winner of the prize offered in this campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT TRAVELPIRATES CORP.’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that TravelPirates Corp., anyone acting on behalf of TravelPirates Corp., and TravelPirates Corp.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the world, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of TravelPirates Corp. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TravelPirates Corp. from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which TravelPirates Corp. may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: TravelPirates Corp. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond TravelPirates Corp.’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the campaign. In such case, TravelPirates Corp. may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by TravelPirates Corp. TravelPirates Corp. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. TravelPirates Corp. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, TravelPirates Corp. reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless TravelPirates Corp. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of America AND the state of Massachusetts, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to TravelPirates Corp., Workbar- Back Bay, 399 Boylston Street, 6th floor Boston, MA 02116, USA.
14. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Campaign is TravelPirates Corp., Workbar - Back Bay, 399 Boylston Street, 6th floor Boston, MA 02116, USA.
15. Facebook and Instagram are in no way connected with the Competition and are not available for contact about the Competition.
16. By participating, you, the contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.